MASERATI 3500 GTI VIGNALE SPYDER
Maserati 3500 GTi Vignale Spyder presented at the Geneva Motor Show with only two previous owners - SCA complete restoration
- The previous history of AM 101.1455 is well known throughout.
The vehicle was ordered on 18th Jan 1963 by Swiss Maserati General Importer Martinelli & Soni, Chiasso. The delivery followed on 5th Mar 1963.
- With the Vignale body number 234, this Maserati Spyder is one of the last Vignale Spyder ever produced.
- In the beginning of March 1963 it was delivered directly to the Geneva Motor Show (14th Mar – 24th Mar 1963), where it became the star of the fair booth. The car was then used as a demonstration car by Maserati dealer ‚Garage Ruf‘ in Otfrieden, Switzerland. This company offered the Vignale Spyder for sale via advertisements in the Automobil Revue in Oct 1964 as well as in Aug 1965. The firm Bjarsch, Zurich, then incurred the vehicle short-term before selling it to Germany in spring of 1966.
- First official owner was Baron Rochus-Ernst of Lüttwitz; he registered the car in June and sold it to Hannes Grimm in autumn of 1970. Mr Grimm registered the car only for a short period. Because already in Nov 1970 was the Maserati de-registered again.
- Ever since the vehicle has not been moved or re-registered. It is highly likely that the speedometer depicts the original mileage of 73,878 km. For more than 40 years this legendary Maserati Spyder has waited to be awakened with a kiss. Which is what we did.
- Brought back into the original delivery colour‚ bianco polo park‘ with leather seats in ‚Cinghale‘.
- It has been restored into Scuderia Azzurra concours condition
- This Maserati Vignale Spyder has matching numbers.